Effective October 28, 2020
1. The Information We Collect
In some areas of the Site (such as when you provide information for MCM to contact you or when you ask for additional information) and in connection with our services, MCM will collect Personal Information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, affiliated company, billing information (when applicable), and other information which, either alone or in combination can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”). We do not consider information that has been aggregated and anonymized so as to not be identifiable to be Personal Information.
By submitting your name and email address to MCM and/or by signing up for one of our services which involves collecting or tracking your Personal Information, we may also collect your Personal Information from third-party sources and platforms (such as online review sites, social media or other sites). The Personal Information available to MCM from third-party sources and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of those third-party sources and platforms and/or the privacy settings that you chose with those sources and platforms.
We will retain your information for at least as long as needed to provide you services. We may also keep your information for longer periods of time consistent with our normal business practices and record-keeping requirements. If you request that we no longer use your information to provide you with our services, or request that we no longer maintain your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We also collect analytical data related to the performance of this Site via tracking technologies. This data is in no way associated with your Personal Information.
2. Our Use of Your Information
We collect information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Development and Delivery of Our Services: MCM may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for the development and delivery of our services.
- Processing Your Transactions: MCM may use the information that we collect to process and collect your payments for our services.
- Providing Customer Service: MCM may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for services and information. For example, we may use your information to respond to your customer service requests.
- MCM Marketing: We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with MCM marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these marketing related notifications at any time by unsubscribing or emailing email@example.com with your request to stop receiving MCM marketing and promotional materials. Please note that we may also use your Personal Information to contact you with information related to services you have requested from MCM; you may not opt out of those notifications.
- Improving Our Services and Marketing: In order to learn more about how our Site and services are used, we aggregate and analyze the data we collect. We may use the information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site and our services, to improve the functionality of same and to better tailor our content and design to suit our customers’ needs.
- Sharing Your Contributions to the MCM Contributor Form: With your prior consent, we may post, share, or otherwise disclose your contributions made through the MCM Contributor Form on the Site, on MCM marketing or promotional materials, and on third party sites, including but not limited to third party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), along with your name and affiliated company. This may enable third parties to likewise repost, share, or otherwise disclose your Contribution on their websites. With your prior consent, we may also tag your third party online account with an SNS (“Third Party Account”) in connection with your contributions. You understand that, depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, by consenting to MCM tagging your Third Party Accounts in connection with your contributions, you may be allowing the information in your Third Party Accounts to be available on and through the Site, on MCM marketing or promotional materials, and on third party sites. You understand and acknowledge that your submission of any contribution to the MCM Contributor Form does not guarantee its acceptance for publication. By contributing to the MCM Contributor Form, you are also consenting to receiving the communications from MCM listed above.
Collection of Information from Third Parties. With your consent, MCM may collect your Personal Information from third parties. If we do, MCM will not sell this Personal Information to advertisers, marketers or spammers.
Submission Forms. In order to use certain areas of the Site, you may first be required to complete a submission form, where you are required to give contact information, such as your name and email address. We use this information to contact you about the services on the Site in which you have expressed interest. Specifically, MCM may send you a submission confirmation email and may also email you with marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
Collection, Storage, and Processing of Personal Information. We collect, store and process your Personal Information on servers located in the United States. Due to the unpredictable nature of Internet routing, your information may pass through other countries while in transit to our servers. These laws may not be equivalent to the privacy and data protection laws in your jurisdiction. Information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts, or law enforcement in these countries. By using the Site or services or by providing us with your information, you consent to the potential collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information in other countries.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We give access to Personal Information about our users only to those who require it for the above purposes.
MCM will not sell or rent any of your Personal Information to third parties. MCM will not share any of your Personal Information with third parties except in the circumstances described below:
- We share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as payment and order processing, fraud investigation, bill collection, and information management and analytics. If content generation is included in your services, we may share information with service providers under contract to create, edit and/or publish such content. These third parties are obligated to protect your information and are contractually prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose. They are never permitted to share your information with any third parties. They are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to MCM.
- We disclose information that we, in good faith, believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, to conduct investigations of violations of our Terms of Service and/or to protect our right, protect your safety and the safety of others.
- We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action. If the subpoena seeks information about an identified subscriber or limited group of subscribers, we’ll make reasonable business efforts to contact the subscriber(s) before providing information to the party that requests it. We can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to in all cases, whether because of a time limit, court order, inability to effectively contact a subscriber, or for any other reason.
- We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- We share information with companies that provide public relations and marketing services for us. Such information will only be shared by us to customize, measure and improve our services and advertising. It will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. These third parties are contractually obligated to protect your information and are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- The implementation of our services, by its very nature, may require using your Personal Information to locate other information about you. Such use may include, but not be limited to, using your information to search the publicly accessible Internet sites as well as searching private information databases and sites.
- The implementation of our services, by its very nature, may require revealing your Personal Information in order to post review responses, post on social media sites, etc. For example, we may have to disclose your name to a review website in order to post a response to a review. This occurs with your express permission for a specific, given purpose.
4. Personal Information of Third Parties that We Receive from Our Users and their Customers
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our users have engaged MCM.
If you are a customer of one of our users and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our users, please contact that user directly (the data controller). We may transfer your Personal Information to companies that help us provide our services. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements between you and the user.
Any customer of one of our users who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his query to the user. If you are requesting that MCM remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our users for as long as needed to provide services to our users. MCM will retain this information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Information Security
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. If you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number and social security number, on our Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). MCM is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security.
The Personal Information that we collect, and that you provide, is stored by us and is contained behind a “firewall” and only accessible by those who need to know that information and who have special access rights to our production systems. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic Personal Information.
We test our security systems regularly and also contract with outside companies to test our security systems and processes. However, no security system is perfect. We do not guarantee or warrant that there will be no unauthorized access to your data.
We will make all reasonable business efforts to protect your information, but no system can prevent all malicious attacks against our system or commonly used Internet protocols or software (e.g., SSL).
6. Tracking Technologies
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. Specifically, we use session cookies to track your session ID and to track whether or not you are logged into the Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
We set a persistent cookie to store how you came to the Site and what purchase packages and discounts we are able to offer you upon your registration. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on the Site.
You may adjust your browser settings to refuse or to remove or clear cookies by following the directions provided in your browser settings. If you reject cookies, you will still be able to view the Site, but your ability to use some areas of the Site will be limited. You will be unable to log into the Site if you reject cookies.
We employ, and our third-party advertising partners employ, a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies and are used to learn about the interactions of our users with the Site and our outbound emails. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ Personal Information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
7. Linked Sites
In the event MCM goes through a business transition, such as a merger, an acquisition by another company, or a sale of a portion of its assets, users’ Personal Information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via notice on the Site for 30 days after a change of ownership or control of their personally identifiable information. If, as a result of the business transition, a user’s Personal Information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, users will be given a choice consistent with this Section.